Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thank you!


India is ... | X | ← put the adjective you want. It makes sense. I now realize why this country captures the imagination of so many for so long. I tried to describe as best I could but this is impossible. I only managed to convey a small image, who only knew a little of this country. Ninety days in this country is equivalent to an atom of a crumb of the world's largest cake.

I could try to imagine it. I could try to plan it. But I know it would be impossible to wish for a better journey that I experienced. And though I'm the actor who unites all the different stories. The real stars – shinning very bright in the sky - are the people who I had the privilege of knowing. To all those who I will nominate and those who I omit because of forgetfulness, a huge and heartfelt thanks. I know that in your life I was a moment or a few days, but you can not imagine how wonderful to be on this side and see so much human wealth to pass on my way.

In one way or another, these are some of the people who have made India what it is to me: a magical place and that will be tattooed on the heart.

I remember the friendliness and kindness of Mr. Bento in Panjim. The sweet talk with Mariah while we shared a table for dinner. The Manchester City of Ian (will be this year?), The time shared with Lisa writing articles. The heartfelt goodbye of Serafin in his Ordo Sounsar or LD and how she made me feel at home in this space. Without forgetting the eclipse shared with them. And it was also there I found the generosity and kindness of Tom that offered me his house if I pass by Munich.

Can not forget the walk, talk and personality of Oscar in Hampi. Or the moment shared in a lost travel agency / bus stop in the middle of Hospet with Selina. The way Firoz cared about me in his guesthouse in Cochin, while an elderly client raised all possible problems.

As I will take with me the goodbye hug in Munnar with Dotan, or re-meeting Dani after the time spent in Munnar. And in my ears, is the voice of Nadesh while singing at Echo Valley. I think the coffee shared and the valuable help of Divya in Chennai. A time shared with her friends and where I met Alex sympathy and the hospitality of Vinoth, an Indian traveler, who help me negotiate the ride by rickshaw to my long-awaited train journey.

And how I felt among friends at a bus station in the company of Yogesh and his cronies in Mumbai. And there are moments that are happy coincidences. Like sharing a dusty bus with Jure. A journey turned into one of those conversations that lead us to many places.

Of course for me Rajasthan will always be connected to Hannah, who helped me unlock it and with whom I shared so many moments. Hard to pick one, but in my mind is sunset while we were "stars" for the the papparazi's behind us. A surreal image just as India allows.


And in this place I also remenber the heartfull sympathy of Badal in Khuri, something that touched me. A person who seems to exude integrity and friendliness. Equally concerning was the joy and willingness of Kukki while cruising the rural roads of Bundi. Here I stayed right next to the restaurant of Chetna and Tony, a couple so nice as humorous and I hope one day they are able to go to Europe and if they are there, we meet in Portugal.

It was also here that I met wonderful Dustin who I shared great conversations on the lakefront. But think about him I will say when the visit him in his country, Vietnam.

And when I thought there was only time to visit the iconic monuments of India, I am introduced to sympathy eagerness to learn of Pramod in Varanasi. Or the hospitality and brotherhood of Abid and Hassan in Kajuraho. Only to be amazed to spent one unplanned day with Fernando and where I could relearn to speak Portuguese, while our conversation jumped from English to Portuguese, at habit of native language or the strenght of oblivion.

And to end the trip perfectly my path crosses with that of Aurelie. And between the shared smile in Panjim and the heartfelt goodbye in a bus station in Madgaon, there were many special moments shared, impossible to choose a single one.

And these are just fragments of moments shared with special people. A humanity of people who enriched me, made me smile and most of all filled my heart. To all a huge thank you. I will never forget you and hope we find each other on these paths of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment