Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ordo Sounsar


The first time is unique. An unrepeatable moment. It leaves a mark on you. It is sometimes planned, others appear unexpectedly. In both cases, your body is filled with anxiety when you realize that the time is coming.

My first time appeared unexpectedly. I spent one day more in Palolem to see the full moon. There was a power cut while en route to the restaurant. In absence of light, I remember why I was there and look at the sky. I think it's ironic that the reason I was doesn't materialize. The night is cloudy and the moon stubbornly wants to be behind them. I give rein to my imagination and think it would be interesting if the absence wasn't because of the clouds but of an eclipse.

I wasn't upset. The light was strong enough and I was in an'Other World. This was the name chosen by Serafin: Other World - Ordo Sounsar. And the care that had employed in every detail made us move to that world. You had the iconic bridge and the location in the woods. The small number of huts. The restaurant at its center - ideal place to enjoy the perfectly prepared dishes. The resting place along the river with a magnificent view. It was the pleasure of being an eco-friendly space. Where each piece of wood is certified. Weaving all these details was the sympathy of JD, Serafin and all employees. More than a physical space they created a perfect emotional one.

I wait for my meal in a magical candlelight scenario. I hear a buzz coming from the bar area. Serafin is walking back and forth. I don't pay attention. I guess it's the stress of the power-out. But when I hear the word "eclipse" all my senses awaken. Intrigued, I decide to take the next opportunity that Serafin is around to ask him. When I receive confirmation I don't want to believe. My first eclipse... like this... so unexpected... My body wants to jump with joy but is content with a huge smile.

"We have binoculars" J.D. tells me and I join them in this moment. The moon, indifferent to our happiness, covers itself with the shadow of the earth. It knows that is the center of attention and embellishes itself more every minute. Changes color. We, mesmerized by the moment, let ourselves go to the fragile wooden bridge. There, in the middle of nowhere, we can contemplate the beauty of this moment. In front of us is the silhouette of palm trees. Behind us, the waves composing the most beautiful symphony. And above us, the stars weave a beautiful shiny coat. They now can break through the shyness imposed by the full moon. It's a dark and well-defined sphere. A forbidden fruit we could pick up and enjoy if we wanted. But we don't, everything is perfect as it is.

"The meal is ready" and I'm ready for the meal. I feel the confort of the moment. In front of me, the moon strips of its cloak. I delight with each bite of food that I experienced. All wrapped up with a good conversation and good company. The moment of the moon passed. Never got to see it full. It was now a detail of the other world where I was living...

No comments:

Post a Comment