Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Le moi errant: Eat Pray Love... or the change within

A company since the beginning of my trip... And with every "you ought to read" suggestion, my curiosity grew. I admit that my mental censors kick me out of that reccomendation . But every time I heard those four words my curiosity increased and my mental barrier diminished.
When the book smiled at me - in an airport bookshop - I accepted the invitation. As soon as I started reading, I realized why so many suggestions. It was impossible to escape the parallels between what I read and what I lived. And despite many differences, the spirit was the same. I noticed that while reading, I was talking with the author and was suprised with the way I was doing it.
Not with a voice of admiration, but with a voice of companionship. I realized the change that had taken place in me. Elizabeth was a fellow traveler, and we lived in the same world of letters, words and stories. I still see the differences. I'm - at most – a writer-to-be and she is a best-seller author. But I noticed that I had surpassed the barriers of admiration of both worlds.
With this I realize how much we self-limit ourselves with the way we construct the world around us. We are all human beings, made of the same blood and fed with the same emotions. The barriers are self made, not by the world that surrounds us. And when you break this barrier, like any other barrier, you widen your horizon. Sky becomes the only limit, other than thyself.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this info.
    Tour Packages Rajasthan is the best tours and travels company. Our Rajasthan tour packages are the Best Tour Packages in India. We have many Rajasthan package tours for your Rajasthan trip.

    ReplyDelete