Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Story of a Picture: The couch


"Psst ... hey ... You there ... Yes, you! The one walking these streets. Stop for a while there. I know I'm not an attraction, but just stop for a few seconds ... Traveling is not only seeing monuments and walking the spotless and touristic streets... sometimes you have to stop and see the rest...
Hey ... do not look at me like that ... I am not a simple couch that was thrown away... with me lived laughter and dreams. I heard the whisper of adults and gave comfort after a hard day at work. More than anything else I gave happiness to those who sat here...
When I heard the first word of a new sofa I shuddered... even let out a spring ... but I realized that everything in life has an end... and mine isn't that bad. Look around me... the lake view ... Greenary all around me... and the theatre of life on the other side... now, I enjoy my retirement as the elements of nature tear me apart... gradually... until I'm just a memory in your photo"

No comments:

Post a Comment