Sunday, January 22, 2012

More than just a place: Adam's Guesthouse


There are houses. There are places to sleep. And then there's Adam's Guesthouse. More than a simple Guesthouse, this is the home and business of Firoz and his family. When I arrived in Cochin I brought a suitcase full of doubts. I was a little lost on my trip. Needed to plan, while visiting the city. And then while eating the homemade breakfast, I solved all problems.

But it wasn't only the help of Firoz that makes it special. He is a true host. More than a client, we feel part of the family. And he does everything to make our trip run smoothly. When I gave him the impossible task of getting one more night in Cochin, he made it possible. Arranging an alternative bed to stay overnight. As fate found this solution too easy, it send a guest uncomfortable with the place of that bed. But Firoz just smiled in the face of face, and released the bedroom of his children so I was able to sleep that night.

It's hard to convey the hospitality, help or sympathy from Firoz. It was there that I started the second leg of this trip. He gave me the push to to make the most of what the following days had to give me.

1 comment:

  1. thank you sir for writing about our place in ur blog.
    will be happy to host u again at adams house kochi

    rgds,

    firoz khan
    cochin, kerala

    www.kochihomestay.com
    www.adamshomestaycochin.com

    ReplyDelete