Monday, January 23, 2012

On the way to Munnar


With the indications of Firoz in my mind, I tryed to reach the bus stop. Lost, I had to ask for help. It should be nearby, but I couldn't find the place. "It's there" tells me one seller of a mini-grocery store. And asa soon as he points, I see the bus pass by me. A short race and arrive on time. I say, wondering, my destination to see if it is the correct bus. The swaying of the reviewer's head confirms me that I am. Along the way I say farewell to Fort Cochin.

I leave the stop that the reviewer tells me, but I can not find the terminal. Jumping from person to person with my question: "where is the terminal?", I follow a narrow road that directs me to my destination. I just need to find the correct bus. Amid the confusion, I see the bus there. It is not very attractive to look at, but once inside it doesn't seem so uncomfortable. There are no glass in the windows, which allows air to enter and observe the landscape at will. And if the sun is disturbing you, just pull two tabs and the automatic-by-gravity blinds go down.

I have ripped a smile. I can't believe it. I'll make the first trip on this type of bus. I prepare for the best, and mostly for the worse.

It follows some towns, until it reaches the mountains. There are few words to do justice to this path. A small road winds the rugged hills of the mountains. Around me the jungle swallows almost everything, and I only see green. I can not stop smiling. Neither the forced 20 minutes stop affects me. How could I worry when I am in eden?

The rest of the trip was just amazing. And the smile remained until I reached Munnar. A village in the mountains. Question here, rickshaw trip there, I arrived at the door of the guesthouse. "We have no rooms," he tells me without disclosing any more. "Yes, but Firoz told me that I could find places to stay, even if not here," I reply, already feeling the nervous of whom is about to loos the Sun in two hours and has no place to sleep. "Here everything is booked. No rooms anywhere" I realize it's not worth staying here, so I go to the tourist house that I saw along the way.

Inside three people playfully decide which tour they want to do. Their good mood calms me a little. With the tour decision taken, I can explain my case to the person behind the counter. She says she thinks that all is booked and suggests they try a little further, on one of the existing guesthouses. Meanwhile another traveler, who heard my talk, give me the hint of a hotel that still has rooms. I ask the worker to make the call. While it occurs, the tip is multiplied by three travelers who are in the same situation as mine.

And there we go together, eager to know if there are rooms for all of us. Turns out there are. No one would sleep on the streets that night. And when I came to that small hotel room, everything seemed perfect. Grew within me a feeling that Munnar would be special in my journey ...

No comments:

Post a Comment