Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Story of a photo: a tree


It is just be a tree. But for me it was more than that. It was someone who greeted me in the morning. That said goodbye before I went back to the hotel, and that somehow gave company in this three days adventure in Bangalore. As it gives to the ones who follow this road (Mahatma Gandhi Road - a large and pivotal long avenue of life in Bangalore) to go to their work. That, day after day, endure the symphony of horns that make up any road in India. Also it is a companion to those who stop to drink tea or eat breakfast before taking the rickshaw and seek their support.

I like trees. I always look at them as our guardians. Bring life in its branches, comfort in their shadows. They are a reminder that we belong to nature and depend on it. Maybe that's why I liked so much of this tree. Not so much for beauty but for the comfort that gave me that morning I met the city devoid of people. Everything else was a strange element still trying to get in my world. This tree, however, was already part of mine. And there it was, smiling at me and saying: "Welcome to Bangalore, my dear stranger ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment