Sunday, January 1, 2012

Something we could call commitment

I will make the most common mistake to mankind: making a commitment. It isn't really a commitmentbut rather a case of intent. The idea is to try to improve the blog and give it some consistency. Like whatever you do, I warn that the future may prove that this was one more meaningless post.

The commitment is to put a new post every working day of the week. I give you a truce in weekends and holidays. The idea is to create a more certain and predictable pace. As the trip, this too is limited by the unexpected and is dependent on the availability of internet.

I also want to tune up the blog. Apart from a possible graphical overhaul during the month of January, I'll build some thematic headings. Thus, in addition to free text, you can count on:

Le Moi Errant - This needs no explanation. The narrative of my inner journey will continue normally and will find its place on Thursdays.

Travel Chronicles - Here's my impressions of the places where I was and I'll try to sharpen my traveler writing. I have not decided if the space will be weekly (in which case it will be on Fridays) or follow the pace of the trip. Throughout this month I will see what is the best option and your suggestions are more than welcome.

Story of a photo - This is the new space. For every place that I visit, I will choose a photo that had something special for me. The text will be the description of the photo, the explanation of the moment or by creating a little story around it. The idea is to give a depth to the photograph chosen and try to carry you to the moment when the reality was frozen by the click of the camera. As the above, I also have not decided if it will be weekly (and in this case on Wednesdays) or if it will follow the path of trip.

For now, I feel that the tendency will be to create thematic headings for each day of the week. However in January we will see whether this materializes or not. This is the commitment. To try to create something new more often and, above all, try to make this space the perfect ship to carry you on this journey.

P.S. - Although not mentioned, I also want to find a way to solve the problem of placing photos in the articles. Lately I have not inserted because the net is very slow. While not resolved, do not forget that you can access them through the links at the top of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment