Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Indian Puzzle


Just finished a part of the trip. I passed through the ups and downs, the joys and sorrows, so typical of the first phase. I found myself and rediscover me. Just to lose myself once again. South India played a decisive role. Following a cliché, it can't be indifferent to it. And if the majority thinks of the North when he says this, I can confirm that in the South is the same. I revisit the places where I spent, state to state. It's weird doing it in that way. It is as true to say that each state is different, as is saying that they are a homogeneous whole. Now that I go to the North, this is what I take. An impossible place. A place where extremes coexist, without ever being extremes.

Goa

It is the most different state. And also the most Portuguese. This explosive mix of India and Portugal, makes Goa a unique place. A changing reality. Whether through the Indian acculturation - more real but less sense - or the hippie acculturation - more visible but less durable. The reality is that Goa continues to do today what you did in the past. Seized the culture, transforms individuals, and creates its own children. Today the Portuguese are as children of Goa as is the trance culture. And there are no illusions, we are in India. Not one it crushes you. One that invites you to be and where you have don't want to get out.




Karnakata

Gives you contrasting sensations. From the magical charm of Hampi to the technological reality of Bangalore, the state offers you everything. And I didn't enjoyed the beaches - which are a strong competitor to Goa. I'll have to explore more in the future define it. Turned out to be the State that opened me up to the spirit of India. Here you understand better how this reality is made.



Kerala

It is the little princess of Southern India. One that fills you with strong emotions. Open any guide who speaks of Southern India, and it will tell you to go to Kerala. I hadn't understood why, until being mesmerized for its landscapes and people. They are simply magnificent. In a short distance you go from a water paradise to a dream mountain. In the way, a culture that captivates you and a sympathy that binds you. Here you learn to let it go. Everything has a solution, although not one that you had planned.

Tamil Nadu

Here the world is flat. Always was and always will be. Some mountains appear on the scene to remind you that they exist. Spirituality comes to you without invitation. And you, as I have learned by now, let yourself go. Everything changes here. You have much more of that India that you imagined. I finished it with a city that having no attraction makes life its highest drawing card.

Each of these states give you a different feeling. Almost seem worlds apart. Goa bring kindness, Karanakata of gentleness, Kerala sympathy and Tamil Nadu spirituality. Any state wins the prize for best state of the South - something their inhabitants will certainly agree - but they all make sense together. Pieces of a puzzle that you love to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment