Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Story of a photo: A Moment




I always that the photos of people from afar. I like to capture the moment without interfering. Many are amazing to me. This was no exception. I was walking in Salai Road - a street that leads us into the beach - an area unattractive. The street was of a browninsh indian asphalt. Some dark walls made up the rest of the scenario. And suddenly, two pieces of color filled my eyes. They were in a small and vital task - to get water. There was a simplicity of these beautiful women. The whole scenario changes. The dark elements now appear to be placed just to make them stand out.

Being across the street, and a good feet away, taking a picture was an adventure. You have a split second before a car, or a person, gets between you and the picture. The solution, as always, is to take many. But what you see is not still. Or they disappear, or repair in your act and become a model. When I took this picture, my eyes were in traffic, looking for the right moment to press the button. When I did, and looked at the screen, I couldn't believe it. My initial image was gone and another moment had been captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment