Monday, February 6, 2012

A Map for Saturday


It was a gift from two friends. They saw this documentary and decided to share it. With a slow connection - and a town that insists on having power cuts - the download was a “radical” task. It was in a cibercafe that had no generator but with a connection fast enough to download it.

I arrived in Chennai and was slightly euphoric. Just recovered the energy that I lacked in recent times. They thought of me while seeing this movie and I was curious to know why. Download done, dinner taken and in a small, but clean, hotel room. And when the movie started, I just lacked the popcorn to feel in a movie theater.

And what a movie. The documentary is called A Map for Saturday. And it is about a person who has a steady job, that allows a good life with a nice apartment and decides to...



...yes, you guessed it... drop everything and take a trip around the world. A story that by now you are familiar with.

This documentary portrays perfectly what means to do it. I'm still in the first 20 minutes of mine, but it created an instant sympathy with the author. Something that also happens on the road. As soon as you meet a "fellow traveler", there is a link difficult to explain.

If you want to understand a little more what it is to go round the world, I suggest you watch this movie. And who knows, you are also prompt into a trip like this. Strangely, this objective we also share. I would like, with my words and pictures, not only take you with me as to contaminate you with the urge to go and see this beautiful world. Believe me, it's not that difficult and is something that you will keep for the rest of your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment