Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Story of a Picture: Life




At first sight, it is only a beautiful landscape. I had a good perspective on Jodhpur. The skyline was beautiful and there was no way I wouldn't take this photo. It was a small balcony at the fort of Jodhpur. Nothing was blocking my vision and sometimes I had the illusion of being in midair.

I ended up staying a while. I realized the difference between the moment I capture and the reality that is captured. If at first I photographed the horizon, the choice came for another reason. When you wait, this landscape changes. The roofs of the city begin show movement. Here and there, you see a woman drying clothes or a man resting. The longer I stayed, the more the horizon disappeared and the motion captured my attention. I see children playing, students from one school enjoying on the playground, or a family having a morning meal.

It becomes a scene of life. At this point everything you see moves and you notice what is really beautiful in this picture: the amount of life that manages to capture. Without it I wouldn't be sitting there at that time. The horizon would just another one and I would have nothing to sit in and contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment