Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Le moi errant: Fatigue


At some point you start to feel tired. Neither physical or mental. You don't know what it is and you start to worry. You look inside yourself looking for the answer. Gradually, this fatigue modify your trip. No longer do you have that initial enthusiasm. The streets are not so beautiful. The temple is just one more temple. You end up forgetting how special is what you are doing.

Mine, appeared at the end of the second month. Came softly and wrapped in other feelings. First it was the longing for home in the festive season. After the physical exhaustion of being on the go so long without comfort. Finally, I was left just with fatigue for no apparent reason.

I thought I had lost my ability to admire the world. From finding beauty in small details. I wondered if the change was for the best. It was a difficult time of travel. One a friend I met in Hampi - who stupidly forgot my name and I hope you are reading right this now - had warned me during a conversation that took a river crossing.

It was a scary phase, but then ... then I can not explain! I'm in town, admiring everything as in the beginning. The colors replenish with life, the details are more sensed and the smiles occupy people's faces. Everything changes without you realizing it. You only know that it happened, as you know that the fatigue was finally over...

No comments:

Post a Comment