Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Le moi errant: Everything is lost...

It was so easy. A few weeks in Nepal and it seemed that I hadn't learned a thing. Little remained of the confidence gained in India. I felt frustrated, restless and discontented. I felt again a tourist and not a traveler. All I had done had been reduced to ashes. It was then that I realized that was my lesson. I had become too cocky and thereby lowered my guard.

Only after one exhausting week I understand that. I noticed that my anxiety stemmed from this lesson. One I had to learn before moving on. Everything in this life is lost if you do not do anything to hold it. And it happens very fast. Without notice.

In my case, just took two weeks. I was lucky to learn this lesson still on the road. I know how this is likely to happen when I return. A body used to adapt will have no difficulty in doing it when I return.

But now I realize that the struggle is endless. Will always be inside me. And if I give it for granted what I have, is will the moment I lose what I've gain. I had to take a few steps back. But sometimes that is the way that we can move forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment