Monday, April 16, 2012

Once again a student...


It's a clich̩ to say that we are always learning. Even more - and more true - when we refer to travel. But despite the constant learning we are not always students. India has given enough confidence to forget what is being a student of life. Lucky I found in the way Nepal. And I learned great - and sometimes harsh Рlessons here.

I realized that I am as ignorant as the day I was born. Or that it isn't the age that gives us something to teach. I could you explain this country, and what I felt, by the fatigue of India. An exhaust of emotions that makes us recollect into the sweetest idleness. But that would be too easy and not very loyal to this unique country. I know I leave Nepal without actually knowing it. Something that can say to any country that I have passed.

Here I recovered old vices. I felt defeated by the situation and came back to the state of mind I had before. And here it is easy. With a massive tourist industry, and few alternatives for those who want to be lazy, I can only feel that this country was a break in my trip. One I needed to relearn how to learn. To look deeper inside me than I thought possible.

Nepal imposes by its softness. By its own gentle character. Teach us, without us imposing anything. And turns us all into its most humble student...

No comments:

Post a Comment