Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Story of a picture: Through your eyes


I notice you and see a life. A vacant stare fills my thoughts. I know I cannot access yours. I'm just here, in the distance, trying to capture your beauty.
Through your eyes I try to walk in your life. I try to understand what motivates your look. I wonder what you see when your eyes cross mine... Will you see a person, or just another tourist that can give some of your food? A stupid tourist who ignores the harshness of your life?

Did you see me? Or the habit of spending a day in the same place makes you blind to what is around you. I was not indifferent to you. Your eyes told me that your life wasn't easy. Your wrinkles follow the beauty of your eyes. Confide in me that you never surrender. That even today you look around and admire your surroundings. You try to capture a future client while savor the time that your job allows you to.

In this square you can see the world. You can admire the Europeans, Americans and Chinese. In between you see your fellow citizens. In the traces of the architecture you can travel between the east and west, and perhaps you are proud of being a daughter of this place that is a world of civilizations...

No comments:

Post a Comment