Monday, April 2, 2012

Moments without place

Throughout the trip you will find them a lot. A variety hard to match. And if the word "place" is something that pops up when the subject is travel, the reality is that it will lose its initial strength. And sometimes - almost by magic - it disappears from the vocabulary. It was in Kathmandu as a physical location. We had around us the Nepalese and its monuments. The air was definitely from this city, but we were not there. We were in a moment without a place.

That day I spent with Nuno Cruz – that I already talked about here - was passed in many places. Was passed in emotions and dreams. In the present situation and future projects. It was a magical moment, hard to put into words.
The curiosity was too much. I have followed his steps through this world on his blog, and now I was curious to meet him. Of course I met the traveler. But more than that, I met a human being with tremendous depth. Those ones that are able to change the world with their actions (or as Ben Harper said, with his “own two hands”). And between a cod fish, a park bench and a room, the time fled to the rhythm of the words that brought us many worlds.
When I left him at the airport, I was longing for the future times and the joy that you feel whenever you cross with a special person. Now our paths unfold in different directions, but always in the same world. Not a physic one, but one of emotions and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment