Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Story of a Picture: A simple photo


This is one of those photos that would be impossible a few months ago. This is because it was taken from a private dock at the end of a street of warehouses. Those that when we are alone in a strange place we don't like to venture.
At the beginning of this journey wouldn't think of putting there my feet. But now, that the streets of the world are also mine, this was just another one and I was curious to know what I would see on the other side of the river. Around me people were following their normal life. Loading goods, pausing for a meal or just relaxing.

In the end of the street is a market. Possibly a morning one because the stalls were already closed. When I cross it, a woman in her 60 years called my attention to something in Thai. We try to understand each other the best we could. After all we could only share a few common words. I realize that is private property and I ask to take a picture. She accesses with a face of rigor. It was the last step I had to overcome after months losing inhibitions and fears. So many to take a simple picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment