Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Story of a photo: Kung Fu Master


The photo is not well taken. But this is the most precious one of Nepal. When I arrived at Lama Hotel I was exhausted. It was the second day of trecking and my body was starting to break into disease.

Time to decide the hotel but first we had to find our backpacks that we ship by porters. Coincidentally, they were in the same hotel as this child. Immediately she greeted us with energy and smiles.

And this was only the beginning. As I had to stay another day - a sudden fever forced me - I ended up finding the perfect companion. After all we shared the same mental age and I was fascinated by her imagination and boundless energy. She played with everything and everyone. Anything was a source of smiles. Among them, shouted a few words that only she could understand, but that made all sense.

All of it was a character taken from a kung fu movie. And in this film she was a master. At first sight, one of those who seem mad by years of isolation. But that surprises us with the wisdom of their madness. Each chunk of time was a lesson. There I learned how you need little to play with. As a smile is stronger and more powerful than any accurate punch. Or how even with nothing, anyone can be so happy and make others as happy.

When I took this picture I was crushed because she had given me so much. I felt like a student, who still has much to learn, to bid farewell to his little crazy master. And inside I shed a tear. One of those that leave a trail in our hearts...

No comments:

Post a Comment