Monday, December 5, 2011

Letter

Dear Reader,

I just arrived in Göreme. The trip was long and a bit tiring. But it was worth it... I woke up to see the beautiful sunrise in Cappadocia. It is a vast landscape. The tone of the white ground combines with the rays of morning sun. Maybe that's why the balloon ride begins at this time of day. And there are so many! A real live postcard.

Yesterday, I ended up not doing much. Check in at the inn and left to see the Göreme Open Air Museum. I know I'll use this word a lot but is really pretty. A monastic complex forged in the rocks of this region. It is not very wide, but the whole site allows you to imagine how life was here. And even as tourists fill the galleries - making the experience a test of patience - you can you have a great view of the valley that extends from Göreme. The Dark Chapel is well worth the additional 8 liras. The frescoes look new and you can imagine the beauty that the other galleries would be. Although banned yet I managed to take some pictures. More for my ignorance (and luck) than daring. Only in the fourth picture, the security (which had just come in) told me "no photos". I made my ignorant tourist face #31 and moved on.

The rest of the day was calmer. Although I went in search of the sunset, it proved to be an impossible task. I left the hostel too late and the time escaped me. No problem, because I ended up finding the first person I met on the trip: Yuhsi, from Taiwan. Coincidence of fate, also quit her job and is making a long trip to Europe and surrounding areas. We ended the day with an excellent conversation, those that knows no time.

I eventually remember all the roommates and good friends I met. Living proof that sympathy knows no coordinates. We shared a brief good times, but it was enough to make friends, arrange contacts and stories. One of them seemed taken from a romantic movie. He Brazilian, she Turkish. They met and talked over the Internet for a decade. And fall in love the first time they are together. It is pure magic and I hope everything goes perfect. The Metropolis Hostel had a special vibe. Even the receptionist, with a cheguevarish aspect and schizophrenic mood (jumping from a Soviet to a Latin sympathy while the devil rubs his eyes), seems a character to appear carved of a weird story.

It's time to say goodbye. Time to wolk in the beautiful (there's the word again) trails that this region has to offer ....

With you on my mind, I say goodbye,

A kiss and a hug,

Stran, the kid traveler

PS I do not know if you noticed, but I put a link on the blog for my photo album

No comments:

Post a Comment