Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A strange elixir


Walk through the streets of the market. Step unnoticed, perhaps because of my skin complexion. This gives me the freedom to see the antiques, musical instruments or necklaces that are being sold. Here and there, spice and music. I take the time and wander around.

"Do you want to come in?" A woman asks me with a  enigmatic look. I do not have much interest but I wonder "why not?" I had time and she had awakened my attention. Her hair, though a plain brown, bore the image of the wild. Her presence exuded a calm and curiousity to see more.

"Please sit down ... I will bring it in a moment "I do a look of astonishment. She reciprocates with a smile and a shake of the head. Moves away to another room. Even before leaving, passes through an image of Christ and blesses. She disappears behind a curtain. I can see a glimpse of what lurks there. A beautiful but messy garden. Left to fate. Instead of dominating nature they let it take its place. And she had created a small but beautiful retreat.

Back to the room. She seems more beautiful than before. I notice further details. I see the cross tattooed on her hand, the gentle walk and the bright colors of her sari. "Take it ..." she said while delivering a small bottle. I do not know what to do with it. She makes a gesture to drink it. First I suspect, but I let myself go with the moment.

I feel a deep calm around me. The concerns disappear. I feel good and at peace. I can wander. Smile with the simple things in life. It is no longer complicated. My skin feels a warm moisted heat. She left the room and this time leaves the curtain open. I watch and the green has become brighter. The trees are made up with flowers. I see the different birds that jump on their branches, while a monkey watches me. Above the canopy a eagle flies. Look at my watch and I know that it's almost time to leave. I stay a little more...

When I finally get up, I read what is written on the bottle. One word: "GOA"

No comments:

Post a Comment