Monday, December 5, 2011

A very special company ...

"And how will you handle traveling alone?" Recurring question when I spoke of the trip. I responded that, with my dual personality, I would never be alone. Deep down I knew it could be tricky, but I would end up finding friends along the way.

But yesterday was special. I decided to travel through the valleys of this magnificent region. Since I just arrived, and no friendships made, I was prepared to do it by myself. Nothing that scares me because I like to walk alone. Not five hundred meters ahead and... I had company! At first I was a little scared. Roxelana and Halide were beautiful, but finding them in the middle of nowhere, and so happy to see me, made me alert. I decided to give it time and see where this relationship was going.

The destinations were the Rose and Red Valley. Two well-known tracks and perfect for me. Inexperienced in these wanderings, I must go where there were others. If something happened to me, I would never be far from help. Neither Roxelana or Halide could help me in this case. With this decision, I leave the main road. I venture down the tracks that cut the curtains of rocks in front of me. And in more or less open spaces, we were going together. Halide, more independent-minded fighter, went ahead of me. Roxelana, with more compassion, gave me protection behind me. And suddenly the valley opens in front of me. And what a sight! I could not contain a "wow". It is those views that leave you breathless. I couldn't do more than admire everything around me. I was humbled by what I saw.

After a moment of wonder, I enter these valleys. Pass by a strategically placed cafe on the way. "Want a drink?" the owner asked. "No thanks" I reply with a smile. My desire was to walk through the rocky slopes carved by the wind. Where vegetation conquers every fertile piece. You have a mix feeling of dryness and lust. These tracks are really a perfect stage for hiking. In this case, the autumnal aspect allows you to be more focused on yourself. After a life of stress and complications. Of busy days and strong emotions. And after a fantastic start of travel, I could finally make the break I needed. It was the biggest gift of these covered-in-white-veils monsters: a time away from everything and a place to yourself.

And when fatigue kicked in, it was time to return. The sun was hidden behind the mountains and the cold is relentless here. I say goodbye one last time to Roxelana and Halide. Without doubt, today they were the best friends of this man...

No comments:

Post a Comment