Thursday, December 8, 2011

Time for a break


Traveling is to have multiple geographies within us. You go from one place to the other, but you don't let go where you've been. For anyone who writes about his traveling experience this can be confusing. You are in several places at once. I came to India after a remarkable experience in Iran. And I was still enjoying my passion for the desert landscape and already I was presented with a lush tropical landscape. Here everything explodes with life. Moist heat is imperative. The lungs fill with oxygen. A real contrast to what I had seen and got use to.


The body - and mind - doesn't know how to react. The amount of stimulus is tremendous and there is almost a sense of powerlessness. I feel lost. I have never experienced such a thing. And as with everything on this trip, I'm learning to deal with this situation.

I follow the advice of my body: it is time for a break. To experience the sweet business of doing nothing. Living without concern except for the moment. No other intention other than to exist. No doubt it was time for my first pause. And I have to admit, the site selection was perfect. The beaches of Goa call for that. They tell me: "It's okay. Don't worry. The journey is just in the beginning and there is still much to enjoy. It can wait. Now it's time to take a break..."


No comments:

Post a Comment